Go Down

Topic: "SAM" folder is missing in "hardware" folder (Read 195 times) previous topic - next topic

AndreyS

I'm currently looking for bootloader on atmega16u2 and SAM3X8E for Due and source codes for them and stuff, but I cannot find it on my computer at all. The folder "SAM" is missing. Why is it not included to standalone Arduino IDE? Could anybody please point me where to get these files?

bbx10node

On Linux systems, the sam folder is in a hidden directory. Be sure to use Boards Manager to install Arduino SAM Boards support.

~/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.6/

AndreyS

On Linux systems, the sam folder is in a hidden directory. Be sure to use Boards Manager to install Arduino SAM Boards support.

~/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.6/

Thank you. I found sam diretory on linux, but still cannot find it on Windows.
Also sam folder on linux is lacking SAM3X8E's bootloader. I would like to learn it. The internet seems lacking any information about this bootloader.
Could anybody help?

bbx10node

In a Windows command window try the following.

cd %userprofile%
dir/s arduino15

This returns 2 folders on my system. I suspect the version of the IDE determines which folder is used.

AppData/Roaming/Arduino15
AppData/Local/Arduino15

For source code, I suggest searching in https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/

AndreyS

In a Windows command window try the following.

cd %userprofile%
dir/s arduino15

This returns 2 folders on my system. I suspect the version of the IDE determines which folder is used.

AppData/Roaming/Arduino15
AppData/Local/Arduino15

For source code, I suggest searching in https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/
Thank you.

As for the bootloader for SAM3X8E and it's source code. Is it unavailable for public? Could anybody confirm this?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy