Which library to use for 8x8 MAX7219 Blue LED module

Just finished building a few 8x8 Blue LED maxtrix driven by MAX7219, all hardware seems working perfectly now. But I am having hard time finding library for it, searching here yields mostly non-English posts.

I'd like to scroll it vertically and horizontally and it must support cascading because my hardware design support seamless cascading of more than one modules.

Thanks in advance.

If you have your matrix displays wired like this article Arduino Playground - HomePage then the LedControl library (Arduino Playground - HomePage) will work with up to 8 chips. It does not do scrolling though so you will have to roll your own or use someone else's code. I have done scroll code to scroll right to left that's somewhere on this forum but have not seen multi directional scroll code.

Riva:
If you have your matrix displays wired like this article Arduino Playground - HomePage then the LedControl library (Arduino Playground - HomePage) will work with up to 8 chips. It does not do scrolling though so you will have to roll your own or use someone else's code. I have done scroll code to scroll right to left that's somewhere on this forum but have not seen multi directional scroll code.

Thank you very much, it was a success, or is it? I recorded a video running an unmodified example.

http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XNTAzMDI2MzUy/v.swf

First off I like the display matrix, where did you source a white/blue LED matrix as most seem to be red.

What code was you using to do the display as there seems to be a lot of flickering of pixels. Is this by design or due to some underlying problem?

Riva:
First off I like the display matrix, where did you source a white/blue LED matrix as most seem to be red.

What code was you using to do the display as there seems to be a lot of flickering of pixels. Is this by design or due to some underlying problem?

These are custom made, cost about twice as much as red ones. In reality, they are actually much bluer than the video shows. The flickering is because of the video, in real world, they are much better than stimulating RED :slight_smile: