Go Down

Topic: Help to figure out coding (Read 332 times) previous topic - next topic

joshua17ss2

I am more of a hardware person and am terrible at coding, what im hoping for is to get alittle help and direction figuring out the code.
My project is going to be a 433mhz tx, with 3 sliders, an arduino and mabye an lcd. for the transmitter.

The other side is going to be several 433mhz recievers with small arduinos, an RGB LED/Driver, and battery.

the basic function is going to be to set the sliders on the tx side and have a bunch of the reciever sides change with the slides.

So I have a few questions, Can the simple 433mhz tx sets, talk to multible rx units at the same time?

And why kind of coding should I be looking at to transmit the slider settings to the reciever units?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

AWOL

Jan 14, 2013, 08:00 pm Last Edit: Jan 14, 2013, 08:02 pm by AWOL Reason: 1
It's a simple broadcast transmitter; its signal will be received by as many receivers as there are in range.

Have a look at the VirtualWire library.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

joshua17ss2

I looked up the virtualwire stuff and it will definatly do what I need, I Dont completely understand how to use that to send the 3 values from the pots to the reciever side. but searching for that did lead me to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbZi2OwzvIw that shows exactly what i am hoping to accomplish with the project, I left a comment on the video hoping that he will post the code for the project.

AWOL

For now, forget about the VirtualWire bit, and figure out how you would read three pots and send their values to the serial line.
There are examples to help you in the "examples" section of the IDE.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Go Up