Go Down

Topic: Is there a fast TFT Display for the Arduino Due? (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

Devils Child

Since the Arduino Due has a reasonable speed (84 mhz) for pixel processing on a display, I wonder if there is a display that can benefit from the performance of the new Arduino.
I had two TFT display before. The first one was veeeeery slow and the second one was the SmartGPU, which I think shouldn't show a difference when used with the Arduino Due since the calculations are done on the TFT screen GPU itself.

The question is: Is there a TFT display specifically dedicated for the Arduino?

Greetings.

CrossRoads

Check out some of these
http://www.newhavendisplay.com/tfts-c-1.html

"TFT (Thin-Film Transistor) Displays are active-matrix LCDs with full RGB color screens. These screens feature bright, vivid colors and have the ability to show fast animations, complex graphics and crisp custom fonts. "
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Devils Child

Are these compatible with Arduino i.e. are there driver sources for the Arduino? Also it would be very nice if they would be shields because it would be easier to connect.

CrossRoads

I don't know, I've not used any displays like this yet. Too much coding for me.

Pick one, mount it on a protoboard with pins where you need connections, and a couple others for stability, shouldn't be hard.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

ODwyerPW

I have a Due and the SmartGPU... definitely some library work needed.
working on it now.
Quiero una vida simple en Mexico...nada mas.

Go Up