Go Down

Topic: People hate resistors for their LEDs (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

liudr

I found this true over the years. People just hate to use resistors with their LEDs.

Here is a popular program, Fritzing's download page:

http://fritzing.org/download/

An otherwise pretty good tutorial for arduino with LabVIEW:

http://vishots.com/getting-started-with-the-labview-interface-for-arduino/

CrossRoads

Then they should use a driver that uses a single resistor to set the overall max current for the device, and offers software control of the brightness.
MAX7219/7221, TLC5490, WS2801, WS2803, etc.

Thoughts 2 & 3 seem not to have anything to do with resistors.

Engineers don't like fritzing.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

liudr

Engineers don't like fritzing.

I am no engineer but I didn't like fritzing either after tinkering with it a bit. That was a year or so ago. Now I find some use for fritzing. You can draw up simple diagrams with their breadboard and post the image. With an actual breadboard and parts (who has time to build a voltage divider?!), you take a shot at it, the perspective is always screwy. With pins, headers, wires and the breadboard not at the same depth of view, the picture could easily be misleading. But with fritzing it's all good.

CrossRoads

"You can draw up simple diagrams with their breadboard and post the image."
which we engineers don't like because the parts show up as block boxes with no clues as to what the wire is connected to.
even a simple transistor - no way to tell if connected to Emittter, Base, Collector - all the stuff that a simple schematic shows.
Post the schematic, that is so much more informative.
I have yet to see a decent schematic posted that was created in fritzing.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Osgeld

Thoughts 2 & 3 seem not to have anything to do with resistors.

look at the pictures

and fritzing does schematics, the idea is you biuld it on your "breadboard", then it makes the schematic, then I think it can do simple PCB stuff, but no one ever makes it that far.

Go Up