Go Down

Topic: People hate resistors for their LEDs (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

trendski

When doing a quick test, I like to plug one leg of a standard led into the Arduino female. I have some 560 Ohm resistors soldered onto flex jumper wires at one end, and  croc-clips on the other. This is so I can clip the croc onto the other LED leg, and plug the loose end of the resistor into another female. The croc-wire-resistor makes it easier to move between components and arduino pins.

Come to think of it a croc-resistor-croc might also be useful.

Craig Turner, blog: http://gampageek.blogspot.co.uk/ It helps with my learning if I write things down, esp. for others to follow (constructive comments welcomed to improve)

CrossRoads

I have similar - a couple of LEDs with a resistor soldered to one of the legs.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Osgeld

I have similar - a couple of LEDs with a resistor soldered to one of the legs.

yea I have a small handful of those

westfw

GoForSmoke

I had a UV led on a pot and made the mistake of turning the pot too low. Weird smell.

Hardest part for me is trying to remember how to determine the resistor value, which I have to go search on to re-check even if I do think I remember just to be sure which I'm not. So I aim high as I don't like leds hurt-my-eyes bright anyway.
I run 340+ ohms at 5V with standard 5mm reds for indoor use. Maybe they'll live longer, certainly they use less power.

I find it harder to express logic in English than in Code.
Sometimes an example says more than many times as many words.

Go Up