UNO R3 and Motor Shield Tinkerkit Connectors

Hey Everyone,

I am new to Arduino, and need a little help. So far I've been able to connect two hobby motors on the A and B motor connectors, but when I switched to a servo I couldn't find any support on the Tinkerkit connectors. I am using an Arduino UNO R3 with a Motor Shield R3. The servo is connected to the Tinkerkit connector ~5 on the Arduino (pictured below) and tried the code from the example (also below). The only change I made was to switch the pin from 9 to 5. When I run it, I get a slight whirring sound, but no movement.

Servo - Medium Full Rotation ROB-10189 https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10189

// Sweep
// by BARRAGAN <http://barraganstudio.com> 
// This example code is in the public domain.

#include <Servo.h> 

Servo myservo;  // create servo object to control a servo 
                // a maximum of eight servo objects can be created 

int pos = 0;    // variable to store the servo position 

void setup() 
{ 
  myservo.attach(5);  // attaches the servo on pin 5 to the servo object 
} 

void loop() 
{ 
  for(pos = 0; pos < 180; pos += 1)  // goes from 0 degrees to 180 degrees 
  {                                  // in steps of 1 degree 
    myservo.write(pos);              // tell servo to go to position in variable 'pos' 
    delay(15);                       // waits 15ms for the servo to reach the position 
  } 
  for(pos = 180; pos>=1; pos-=1)     // goes from 180 degrees to 0 degrees 
  {                                
    myservo.write(pos);              // tell servo to go to position in variable 'pos' 
    delay(15);                       // waits 15ms for the servo to reach the position 
  } 
}

This is a Continuous 360° rotation servo.

hello

the tinkerkit connectors are not servo connectors, they have the signal at the centre pin.
The arduino store sells modified servos that have TK connectors.

it's also possible to re-position the pins in the connector.

m

Thanks for your responses.

For now I'm going to work on the servo without the Tinkerkit Connectors. Once I know what to look for I'll think about modifying the servo connectors.

But since I've asked, is there any sort of diagram that explains the connectors, or any sort or tutorial with example code?

So Massimo, are you saying the tinker connectors can be used for servos if the servo wires on the connector are rearranged so the signal is in the center?

Standard servo wiring is black-red-white (ground, supply, signal). Sometimes yellow
instead of white).

Hi there, have similar question, I want to use mass sensor at TWI IN, I find how to identify VCC and GND pinout but cant find documentation about how to declare INPUT pins on sketch.
My project use control of DC motor and mass sensor to stop motor like limit switch.

Thanks for your support in advance.