Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Charging 3.7v 165mAh LiPo battery  (Read 2254 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I purchased this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/190748248019?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 which is 2 x MAX1811

peace*&^

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Hopefully it is not a counterfeit.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Need to use an SMD to DIP adapter.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

I finally got this project wired up.  Now what if the CHG line doesn't have a system load?  You know, something the battery would normally power if not charging.  I'm just looking to charge the 2 lipo batteries w/o a system load.  I thought maybe the CHG pin would have to be tied to GROUND.  Is that true?  Otherwise it looks as if the indicator led may not be tied to GROUND unless it is doing it thru the MAX1811 IC.  What should the normal operation look like for this circuit?  When should the led be lit or not lit?  I believe the indicator led should be lit when the battery gets plugged in.  Then the led turn off when the battery if full.  How should it function?  Thanks.

* lipocharge 018.JPG (2132.58 KB, 2848x2136 - viewed 22 times.)

peace*&^

View Profile

When should the led be lit or not lit?  I'm curious if i wired up everything accordingly.  This is a 1 cell lipo battery charge circuit.

peace*&^

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: