Go Down

Topic: Not able to get graphic LCD to work with Uno (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

tack

Jan 18, 2013, 09:08 pm Last Edit: Jan 18, 2013, 09:20 pm by tack Reason: 1
What are the pin numberings on your device? Left to right in your picture or right to left?

It's very difficult to make out anything but it looks like the wiper of your trimmer goes to the third pin from the right. It is supposed to be pin 3 so, if that one connection is correct then the pins are numbered right to left.

If I am correct on that the it also looks like the rightmost pin (pin 1) goes to A0, when it should be one of your supply lines

If I'm wrong on the numbering then your trimmer wiper should go to the 3rd from the left.

Like I say, all difficult to make out as your the wiring is all the same colour and a complete mess.

EDIT: I should have watched the video first. It looks like contrast adjustment is fine working, so set that up to just off fully dark for a start. All of the connections are very similar to a standard character based display, RS,RW,EN,D0-D7 plus a few extra ones. Carefully double and triple check all your connections, even if that means pulling them all out and starting again. There are a lot of wires there and it's most likely you have made a wiring error somewhere.

Paresh Mathur

Another thing I tried was to just read the D7 pin of lcd connected to the pin 7 of the arduino and send over serial like this.

Code: [Select]

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
  Serial.println(digitalRead(7));
}

Even then it always reads 1 in my terminal.

Paresh Mathur

Okey, okey. Maybe I am confusing everyone. Lets keep it simple, right now I am using the hello world sketch which is something like this.
Code: [Select]

// include the library header
#include <glcd.h>

// include the Fonts
#include <fonts/allFonts.h>

void setup() {
  // Initialize the GLCD
  GLCD.Init();

// Select the font for the default text area
  GLCD.SelectFont(System5x7);

GLCD.print("hello, world!");
}

void loop() {
  // set the cursor to column 0, line 1
  // (note: line 1 is the second row, since counting begins with 0):
  GLCD.CursorTo(0, 1);

// print the number of seconds since reset:
  GLCD.print(millis()/1000);
}

Here is a video of me tweaking the pot to change contrast, and sadly nothing happens. http://youtu.be/UyCOGoCAoGA

Here are some pictures of the board

floresta

Post your code and images of how you have it connected and list of which LCD pins go to whih Arduino pins.

You have done none of this.  You have instead posted links to what you are attempting to do, not what you have actually done.  We have to see if you have interpreted the information properly.

Don

floresta

Have you soldered a pot, contrast adjustment? I couldn't see on my LCD till I start to rotate this pot.

Yes I did, that didn't help.

Did you feed one end of the pot from a negative power supply?  This supply is typically provided at pin 18.

Don

Go Up