Go Down

Topic: Can't switch Reed Relay (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

majenko

Ok, new findings :)

If I connect the relay manually to 5V the relay doesn't switch but the whole Arduino gets switched off. So it seems to suck too much power?!

That sounds like you are causing a short circuit.  Are you *certain* you have it the right way round?
Get 10% off all 4D Systems TFT screens this month: use discount code MAJENKO10

math_new

hm, thought it should be right but the schematic seems to be the other way round than I thought. Now everything is working :)

So the problem was:
1. Relay connected the wring way
2. pinMode to Output forgotten

Big thanks to all of you!

retrolefty

Jan 18, 2013, 05:31 pm Last Edit: Jan 18, 2013, 05:34 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1

hm, thought it should be right but the schematic seems to be the other way round than I thought. Now everything is working :)

So the problem was:
1. Relay connected the wring way
2. pinMode to Output forgotten

Big thanks to all of you!

And that is why we almost always ask if a poster having a problem can post both their sketch code and an accurate drawing of their wiring. The solution is almost always very simple as most of the common mistakes in coding and wiring have been made before by many other beginners.

On your problem #1, the relay wasn't wired the wrong way, as DC relays work with either polarity, but it was the diode wired backwards which created a short circuit condition.

Lefty

Go Up