Go Down

Topic: using arduino to recognise gestures (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

karnalgirish

i am doing a project to to recognize the sign language of the dumb people through the flex sensors put on the glove and giving the output of the sensors to the aurdino. i need a program which will recognize the input from the sensors and display the appropriate symbol. pls can any one help me and get me the code. thank you. i have attached a attachment which will explain it in detail.

robtillaart

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Grumpy_Mike

i need a program which will recognize the input from the sensors and display the appropriate symbol

So you better start writing it or at least start learning how to write code. This is a complex project and it will not be 100% successful.

What you need to do is to record the sensor input and then match what is received to a number of pre recorded templates of single gestures. The match will not be exact but will be wrong to a greater or lesser extent. The least wrong match is what you should choose.

This is simplifying what you need to do, in practice it will be much more complex. I am not sure if the Arduino Uno has enough memory or speed for this, you might have to go with a Due.

Best of luck.

karnalgirish

thankx for the suggestions... but can i get some code for the flex sensors so it would be helpful.

Grumpy_Mike

A flex sensor is just a variable resistor, so the code is just an analogRead function call. Just the same as if it were a pot.

Go Up