Go Down

Topic: Windows 8 install of compiler? (Read 410 times) previous topic - next topic

LDBennett

Forgive my ignorance but I am not a Windows user but the grandson is. He got a new PC with Windows 8 and can not get the Rugged Arduino driver to install. They tell him it is a Certification problem (whatever that is??) that is part of Window 7 and 8. They refuse to fix the driver and Microsoft refuses to remove the certification process requirement. I may have this story wrong but on his and my Mac OS X (Version 10.7.5) we had no problems and most successfully downloaded to the Rugged Arduino boards.

It seems we get a new Microsoft product (Windows 8) and the rugged Arduino driver will not install (you just have to love Microsoft!)

So would we be better off with a regular UNO board and the compiler offered here for the PC? Will it install on the Windows 8 PC without a problem? Or is this a Windows 8 problem for all Arduino boards?

Neither he nor I are computer wizards and anything other than a simple install is dangerous for us to do. He did follow a You tube tutorial on getting around this situation (installing the Rugged Arduino driver) and trashed the operating system and his mom had to do a restore to get it back to normal. I don't know where to turn at this point?????

LDBennett

Louis Davis

Follow these steps to temporarily disable Driver Signature Enforcement:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,94651.msg727588.html#msg727588

Take note of the Secure Boot step if this is a new system with Win8 installed.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy