Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Where does the program go?!  (Read 201 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I want to download a program to the Arduino and then disconnect the USB cable.
I guess I need to supply it with power from the other power connector.  (Anybody got a pointer to the Power supply specs for the Mega 2560?)

My 'newbie' question is, does the program need to be re downloaded if the arduino is rebooted?

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

Input voltage specs are here: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardMega2560

The program is written to non-volatile flash memory, it persists even if power is removed.

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

View Profile

This otta do'er!

New Jersey
Faraday Member
View Profile

Alternatively, if there is power where you need the arduino, just find a wallwart that has a USB socket on it - e.g. the chargers for iPhone or Kindle etc.

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

This otta do'er!

It would work, but those little PP3 batteries have very low charge and current capacity and are relatively expensive for what you get. Additionally, the voltage is higher than optimal for an Arduino so much of that precious energy is simply converted to heat in the voltage regulator. A pack of AAA or AA cells gives significantly more current and charge capacity.

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: