Go Down

Topic: what input pin is it using? (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

GoForSmoke

That first link --- anyone who pays that much for a Hall sensor has more money than knowledge. Holy cow, what a ripoff!

You have sensors in place though I'm not clear what you want the data for... is it to know speed?

Again, I would gather data and see which is suitable before even starting to design a final package.
I find it harder to express logic in English than in Code.
Sometimes an example says more than many times as many words.

Joes

ok then what sort of data should i be gathering?
like travelling down the road with one of the sensors connected to an oscilliscope? (which i dont have lol)

GoForSmoke

I would use an Arduino to read 1 sensor on 1 pin to maybe fill an array at the tap of a button with timestamps showing state change times **just to see if I get useful data**.

If I didn't have a laptop to save those to then maybe I'd have them go to SD or EEPROM for later retrieval. Perhaps I'd think of a way to get speedometer data in there or just write that on paper.

You could have it read a pin and light up one of a row of leds to show data within different ranges. You don't have to be exact, just look for a suitable match to what you need.

What have you tested already? Do you need more complete or better data?
What can I say? I still don't know what this is for anyway.
I find it harder to express logic in English than in Code.
Sometimes an example says more than many times as many words.

Joes

sounds like more code i dont understand, or know how to write lol currently havent done any testing but i do have a sensor and trigger wheel to play around with.
basically this is for a 4wd system in a car i have written a code already to control it manually but i want to now be able to conrtol it automatically so to look at the 2 rear wheel speeds and pick the fastest travelling one and compare it to the speed of the propshaft and if it is going slower execute it into another piece of code to lock the diff up.

PeterH

look at the 2 rear wheel speeds and pick the fastest travelling one and compare it to the speed of the propshaft and if it is going slower execute it into another piece of code to lock the diff up.

That seems unnecessarily complex. Unless your diff has broken you know that the propshaft speed is proportional to the average of the two wheel speeds so all you need to do is look at the ratio of the two wheel speeds.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Go Up