Go Down

Topic: what input pin is it using? (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

GoForSmoke

ahh yes there is a pos and neg symbol just above the pins on the sensor that would explain why they are there so how do i intergrate that with the arduino?

trying to find out information about it is near enough impossible ans manufacturers keep that information to themselves 

That would be in a repair manual even if it's just a company number.

There's a + and a -. Any other pins? The thing could be a package with built-in amplifier for all I know. But 60 rpm 65 mV AC... they wouldn't feed it AC yet + and - pins don't sound AC to me.

How about the make, model and year of the vehicle? There are automotive forums where the answer may be found as well.
I find it harder to express logic in English than in Code.
Sometimes an example says more than many times as many words.

Joes

no part numbers on it just have 2 pin's on it. it is only a very little thing so i dont imagine there is much in it. i am extremely tempted to say sod it and just purchase some after market hall sensors as the car is an early 1980's car and everything mechanical in the car is from an 08 plate vehicle so me fitting those sensors is broad as it is long to fit either or, probably easier to fit the after market ones as i havent got to try and find trigger wheels to fit the cv joints and drill out hub carriers to fit them. at least with the hall sensor i can just get it to look at the bolk heads on the inner cv joint.

GoForSmoke

You could try a Hall *switch* (security type, very cheap, very sensitive and reads digital) and a magnet with a toothed or holed steel/iron wheel between the two. Iron between switch and magnet should suck the field in. I'm just not sure how big a hole you'd need for enough field to get through, depending on the thickness of the wheel and how close the sensor and magnet are.

If you put 1 magnet on a shaft then you will get 1 pulse per turn and the rest of the time nothing. With a fast turning shaft it's probably all you need but otherwise maybe not.

Joes

ok thanks i'll have to have a play but now we are back to the original question how can i run 3 hall inputs as i can only have to at mo?

GoForSmoke

If you -have- to use interrupts then 2 of them can be level change interrupts.

I keep trying to get you to get sensors working so you can tell if you -need- to use interrupts at all.
Chances are that you don't. Chances are that you could catch the HIGHs a few times in a row as each magnet/gear tooth passes each sensor. But you won't know until you get sensors working and until you know it's probably not a great idea to design the sketch.

Go Up