Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino UNO on USB port  (Read 608 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I attached my Arduino UNO board to my computer and attempted to upload a program that was  about 1,000 bytes in size.  I got an error that said "Serial port 'COM1' not found. Did you select the right one from the Tools > Serial Port menu?". Can somebody help me please?

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

Can somebody help me please?
If you mail me your Arduino and your computer, I'll check and see if you selected the right serial port.

Or, you could do it yourself.

View Profile

happens to me often enough when i unplug it with the serial monitor window open and then reconnect it. when i get the message i close the monitor window unplug it and reconnect it back, it usually clears it. hope that helped.

View Profile

When I attempted to reselect the Serial Port I couldn't, it was blacked out.  I also uploaded an image of what it looked like. > 

* Arduino img.bmp (261.97 KB, 277x242 - viewed 36 times.)

Corinth, TX
View Profile

that looks like Windows.  Did you install the driver for the Uno?  Has this ever worked before with the same computer?

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

I got an error that said "Serial port 'COM1' not found. Did you select the right one from the Tools > Serial Port menu?". Can somebody help me please?

You can list the available serial port devices in Windows using the Device Manager. Any serial ports would be listed under "Ports (COM & LPT)". If you plug in your Arduino and the USB driver is installed correctly and working, you should see a port appear here. When you unplug the Arduino, it will go away again. If you don't get that behaviour then it implies that the Arduino USB driver is not installed and working correctly.

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

View Profile

How do I get the driver?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: