Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Balancing bot Arduino project  (Read 420 times)
India
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am new to robotics and i know that starting with balancing robot is not a good idea. I am sure i can proceed if someone has done it before with accelerometer and gyro and coded it. Can anyone help me?

Brisbane, Australia
Edison Member
View Profile

Hi
Can anyone help me?
There are dozens of examples for you to read up and learn from if you google the terms Arduino balancing robot.  Many of them are on this forum, there are many youtube videos and even some completely documented projects with fully published code and explanations.

There is no reason not to start with this presuming you'll be satisfied with just following someone else's instructions, though I'd recommend reading up before tackling anything entirely new so you can get yourself out of trouble when something goes not quite to the script.

Cheers ! Geoff

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse"
- retired astronaut Chris Hadfield

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

I would suggest you start with something that moves around but does not need to balance, so you can get the hang of writing sketches and controlling motors. Also get your head around the control algorithms that people have developed to make things balance. It's not a simple problem and not something you're likely to crack just by trying things at random.

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

the land of sun+snow
Faraday Member
View Profile

As Peter says, it's best to start with a simple bot and move upwards from there.
Robotics involves knowing about many different areas - mechanical, electrical,
fabrication, computers, programming, sensors, on and on. It takes some time to
get it all together.

The following is a good resource for balancing bots, with lots of additional links,
http://www.geology.smu.edu/~dpa-www/robo/nbot/

There are also some balancing bot threads in the Robotics section of this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: