Go Down

Topic: Difference between pins 2 and 11 ? (Read 920 times) previous topic - next topic

LROBBINS

Do remember that analog pins can be used as digital if you don't need them for analog.  So you may not be quite out of pins.
Ciao,
Lenny

Anonymouslemming

Do remember that analog pins can be used as digital if you don't need them for analog

I wasn't aware of that - thanks for the pointer. I'll google on how to use those as digital. I only need 3 analog pins for this project for sensor input, so that should give me a few more options.

I just thought that analog pins were analog and that was that :)

tack

No, you can digitalWrite and digitalRead the analog pins just fine. They respond to the A0, A1 etc labels but also simply as pins 14--19 too.

If you are going to look at reducing your 1602 pins down with a 595 SR then you want the New LiquidCrystal Library. This replaces the original Arduino one and provides support for 4 & 8 bit parallel, I2C, 3 wire SR, 2 wire SR and 1 wire SR. All the details on connection are provided with the library.

https://bitbucket.org/fmalpartida/new-liquidcrystal/wiki/Home

The new library is considerably faster than the original. 2 wire SR is said to be the fastest, but I haven't tried this myself yet.

Make sure you remove any orIginal LiquidCrystal or LiquidCrystal_I2C libraries before installing the new one (which replaces both). If you just rename the old folders then you will have conflicts.

Anonymouslemming

Thanks - I'll give that a try tomorrow for sure !

Go Up