Go Down

Topic: Newb wanting to make a USB audio to 3.5mm audio convertor (Read 634 times) previous topic - next topic

shangrila500

Hey guys

So pretty much what I am wanting to do is use my arduino to make a standalone USB to 3.5mm convertor. It would be used to convert audio output from a record player to a 3.5mm jack on a sound system. I am hoping there is a way to make a standalone piece with a programmed atmega or something. I am completely new to this and have no experience with programming languages or arduino, but I do have the books!

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I have no clue what I need to do to get this project rolling

PeterH

Your record player has a USB output? What sort of device does it present itself as? Is it a host, or a peripheral?

To solve this problem I think you will need to learn how USB works. Under the covers, there's far more going on than you might expect.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

CrossRoads

You will sorely disappointed with the bandwidth doing that. Arduino's mono 10-bit samples and 10KHz sampling rate are not really suited for this effort.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

shangrila500

I think it is peripheral but im not 100% sure. I am trying to make this for a friend. I have dealt with USB in the past and it was oh so much fun.....

I have looked around a little bit and posted in a few different forums and the only other recommendation I got aside from arduino was to use a raspberry pi. I would rather use the arduino and just make a standalone board with an atmega chip in it that does this as opposed to leaving either the arduino or the pi connected constantly.

I dont really know how to explain what I am wanting to do.... I have seen projects where you buy a second atmega chip, program it with whatever I would need to program in with, make my own circuit boaed and set everything up on the board, solder it, put it in a housing and viola!

The closest thing I can find to explain what I am wanting to do with the atmega chip is this instructable where you program it and drop it in the nes contoller and bam!

shangrila500

http://www.instructables.com/id/Convert-a-NES-gamepad-to-USB-with-Arduino/?ALLSTEPS

My phones acting wierd and wouldnt let me add it to the last post so theres the link

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy