Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Newb wanting to make a USB audio to 3.5mm audio convertor  (Read 594 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hey guys

So pretty much what I am wanting to do is use my arduino to make a standalone USB to 3.5mm convertor. It would be used to convert audio output from a record player to a 3.5mm jack on a sound system. I am hoping there is a way to make a standalone piece with a programmed atmega or something. I am completely new to this and have no experience with programming languages or arduino, but I do have the books!

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I have no clue what I need to do to get this project rolling

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

Your record player has a USB output? What sort of device does it present itself as? Is it a host, or a peripheral?

To solve this problem I think you will need to learn how USB works. Under the covers, there's far more going on than you might expect.

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

You will sorely disappointed with the bandwidth doing that. Arduino's mono 10-bit samples and 10KHz sampling rate are not really suited for this effort.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

I think it is peripheral but im not 100% sure. I am trying to make this for a friend. I have dealt with USB in the past and it was oh so much fun.....

I have looked around a little bit and posted in a few different forums and the only other recommendation I got aside from arduino was to use a raspberry pi. I would rather use the arduino and just make a standalone board with an atmega chip in it that does this as opposed to leaving either the arduino or the pi connected constantly.

I dont really know how to explain what I am wanting to do.... I have seen projects where you buy a second atmega chip, program it with whatever I would need to program in with, make my own circuit boaed and set everything up on the board, solder it, put it in a housing and viola!

The closest thing I can find to explain what I am wanting to do with the atmega chip is this instructable where you program it and drop it in the nes contoller and bam!

View Profile

http://www.instructables.com/id/Convert-a-NES-gamepad-to-USB-with-Arduino/?ALLSTEPS

My phones acting wierd and wouldnt let me add it to the last post so theres the link

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: