Go Down

Topic: Simple Image Processing (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

JimboZA

It will be image processing

Cool... it was just a thought, always good to keep things simple if possible!
Roy from ITCrowd: Have you tried turning it off an on again?
I'm on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimbrownza

Grumpy_Mike

Using Kinect is an awesome idea...but Sir I have no Idea how to send Kinect's data wirelessly back to my computer.
Could you help me a bit in that?

If that can be worked out it will be amazing!

Truly it would. But you can't do it with an Arduino, maybe the Due but so far I have not seen anything to talk to the USB port and input video. That sort of setup would require a laptop on your robot.

HappyTron

Using Kinect is an awesome idea...but Sir I have no Idea how to send Kinect's data wirelessly back to my computer.
Could you help me a bit in that?

If that can be worked out it will be amazing!

Truly it would. But you can't do it with an Arduino, maybe the Due but so far I have not seen anything to talk to the USB port and input video. That sort of setup would require a laptop on your robot.

Well the Arduino won't have to do any processing other than recieving data wirelessly and telling the motors what to do. Rest everything will be done by the laptop.

As creativen said that I could use Kinect to capture the image data and process it using Processing on the computer and send the data to Arduino for driving the motors. So if I could figure out a way to send images captured by Kinect wirelessly to my PC, it would make things really simple. Well for starters I could actually just wire my laptop to it. As this project is no school work, I am just doing it to increase my own knowledge about image processing and embedded systems.

HappyTron

Okay, nevermind. In India the Kinect for PC is costing around $400. That is way over my budget at the moment. So we are back to webcam.

So I will have to use a wireless webcam and process it on the computer.

I will study and learn processing. But can anyone guide me on how to exactly send data to my controller from the results generated by Processing?
Or once I study it from a normal tutorial/wiki I will know that and nothing special would be required.

arduinohabib

I'm no expert, but I would imagine that you write code for processing to send info to the serial port. You connect an XBEE to an FDTI breakout board, which is connected to the computer.
What is man's best friend? The breadboard!

Go Up