Go Down

Topic: Choosing a DC motor (Read 353 times) previous topic - next topic

canemichael97

Hi, I am planning on doing a new project (not sure what yet) involving DC motors.  I was wondering if anyone on here had any good links or other information on where to start and how to choose a DC motor.  Mainly focusing on things like how much mass would the motor be able to move and at what speed.  I appreciate any information you may have to help.
Thanks

Robin2

You need to define your requirements first and then it should be easy to find a suitable motor.

...R

canemichael97

I am thinking on making a RC buggie/truck so need a motor to drive the truck but also thinking of some sort of a robotic arm or simmilar on the back so would need motors/servos for that also

canemichael97

Is there a formula to put torque e.t.c in to get the information i would need such as RPM and how much mass it could move?

Robin2

When I said "define your requirements" I meant that you need to work out the speed and torque requirements for the project that requires the motor. Finding a motor first is putting the cart before the horse. Motors come in all sizes - some drive wrist watches and some drive trains. Something in between will probably work for your project.

...R

MarkT

Power in = voltage x current.

Power out = torque x angular velocity

Power out = efficiency x power in

Torque = motor torque constant x current - frictional loss
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy