use ds1813-10 as temperature sensor ?

Hello everyone :),

I started my arduino learding 15 days ago. I had a little knowledge in eletrotechnic and webdev that helps a bit.

Now I'm trying to have a temperature sensor with the ds1813-10.

I found the datasheet but I'm not able to understand it :
-> DS1813-10 datasheet & application notes - Datasheet Archive

Does this component is usualy used in that purpose ?
if yes, do you know a tutorial or schematic that can help me please ?

Thank you,

Sobbat

The DS1813 is not a temperature sensor. It is used to reset a system if the power supply goes low. The -10 model will reset if the voltage goes below about 4.35V.

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/256/DS1813-93440.pdf

It does include a temperature sensor but that is only to provide internal temperature compensation for the voltage detector.

ah ok, so next time in the electronic shop I'll chose the component with the shop owner :smiley:

thank you for your help !!

last question :slight_smile: Would you have advices about a website to find good datasheets (as the one you find for ds1813-10) ?

I type the part number into Google. My first choice is the manufacturer's official website (Maxim, TI, Microchip...) but if that doesn't show up in the first page of results I will often see one of the major online vendors: DigiKey.com, Mouser.com, adafruit, sparkfun... They usually have datasheets for chips they sell.

This time it was Mouser that came up first. :slight_smile:

I HATE the big datasheet aggregators. They often make you click through several pages and often don't have good search results. I almost never add the word 'datasheet' to my search because all the aggregators try to be high in the search results for that keyword.

while datasheetcatalog is not as complete, it is the friendliest of those available that i have found. The others, like datasheetarchive.. are maddening.

That is the link I use for ALL my first searches try adding /key/Part# (whichever part you're looking for) to the end of the URL posted. That's a great source for ALL data sheets.
Now... Does anyone have a link to the National Semiconductor Linear Application Books (Vol 1 - 3)?
Those were my 'bibles' when learning things... Linear.

Bob

thank you for all thoses good advices and tips :wink: !!