Go Down

Topic: NEWB: wants to make shirt to monitor heart rate for cycling (Read 2791 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello, I have no experience with these Arduino units or programing. However, I am interested in making a shirt that monitors my heart-rate and wirelessly sends the signal to a unit with a color (backlit) display on my handlebars that also tracks air temp, altitude, incline, speed, and possibly GPS capabilities. Additionally it would be nice to integrate some form of flexible electo-luminescent material into the shirt for safely reasons. 

Below is a link for an electrocardiogram schematic that might help. I am looking at the top portion of the article as I would like to monitor my full spectrum cardio performance over terrain and altitude.
http://www.cypress.com/?docID=28767

A few things to consider.

• perspiration might be an issue

• weight and overall profile must be minimal

• flexibility and comfort will also have to be considered

If I can get a general parts list and suggestions I can do the rest. Additionally, I would be happy to share credit with any contributors. and post my results on the forum.

Thank you all for your help

I would even be satisfied with the shirt that tracks my EKG and saves the data to an SD card. I am interested primarily on analyzing my cardio performance.

arduinohabib

Well, the Arduino Lilypad is specially designed to fit on clothing. You can get an SD-card shield.
What is man's best friend? The breadboard!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy