Go Down

Topic: RTC DS3231 reseting time (Read 497 times) previous topic - next topic

Flambo

People have asked you about the battery multiple times since the very first response.
All the symptoms you are seeing are in line with what would be expected with a bad battery.

It is time for you to buy a multimeter. Even a very inexpensive one is a very useful tool to test many different types of things.
Here is one for just $1 USD : Ebay VoltMeter

This is one of my favorites: https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-22-range-pocket-digital-multimeter
It is in a case and there is nothing to lose since it is all attached and goes in the case.

If you are in the US, you could get one today at places like, RadioShack, Home Depot, Lowes, AutoZone (or any other Automotive shop). Many are under $20.
Lots of nice inexpensive ones also available at HarborFreight starting at under $5 USD.

If you plan to stay in this hobby, you need a multimeter.

--- bill

Thank you bill, im from Brazil and things can get a little bit expensive over here. I'll try tobuy one on eBay, i hope it arrives. I just went downtown now and bought a new battery, i'll try it and update here soon.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy