Go Down

Topic: Do action at certain time using RTC (Read 8 times) previous topic - next topic

johncc

Hi MattHadfield,

Are you saying all other functions (leds, etc) are working?  When you push the button you get the Feeding cycle actions?

Have you run successfully the TimeAlarms sample sketch(s)?

How do you verify that your sketch is not working...have you waited til 23:00, 06:00, etc?  Or did you substitute sooner times for testing...

Nicely structured code btw :)

Cheers,
John

UKHeliBob

Not the cause of the problem but, as an observation, you don't need the else after finding the pushbutton pressed unless you plan to do something specific in the future when you find it not pressed.
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

MattHadfield

John,

Thanks, being a webdeveloper helps with the structuring a little ;)

Ive run the TimeAlarms Samples, they work fine, pressing the switch the feeding cycle kicks in fine and runs, i was subbing the times to test but nothing at all happens at the time, ive tried everything i can think of, using Arduino Uno, pulling time back from the arduino works fine (See http://gyazo.com/4a7299e4d4e2c8eafaeaffd972ca5bba.png?1359500543) - Any ideas ?
Matthew Hadfield

Current Project (s) - Fishtank Controller - Arduino Uno

I maybe new, but i learn fast ;)

Quick5pnt0

I don't see anything obvious. How about putting a few serial.printlns inyour day, night, lightson, lightsoff, etc functions to see if the alarm is triggering them. At least you'll narrow it dow to a function problem or alarm problem.

MattHadfield

Jan 30, 2013, 12:28 am Last Edit: Jan 30, 2013, 12:34 am by MattHadfield Reason: 1

I don't see anything obvious. How about putting a few serial.printlns inyour day, night, lightson, lightsoff, etc functions to see if the alarm is triggering them. At least you'll narrow it dow to a function problem or alarm problem.

Quick5pnt0,

Its an alarm issue, theres no LED change either on the relay or on a seperate status LED, however these do work when called by the switch, so the alarm just is not triggering. - See here for Screenshot of what happens when button pressed - http://gyazo.com/804dadf4df3828d889f5abdc8c631c7f.png?1359502250
Matthew Hadfield

Current Project (s) - Fishtank Controller - Arduino Uno

I maybe new, but i learn fast ;)

Go Up