Go Down

Topic: Who will buy the geiger counter shield? (Read 2460 times) previous topic - next topic

I would have continuous monitoring of radiation level outdoors.
There is such item which allows connection of a tube:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arduino-IDE-compatible-Geiger-counter-dosimeter-circuit-w-LCD-shield-/181038202229?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item2a26b7bd75

But I think there is sufficient overhead it complexity and cost. If we connect to Arduino the scheme can be much simpler:
there will be enough DC-DC up-step voltage converter to supply tube, one indicating led and the tube discharge current detector.
I asked one of ebay's seller if the chinese folks can make and sell more simple and low cost shield than above one.
He ask me how many items do I need? I need one item but think I am not the only who need one. So I decided to ask others.

liudr

I might be interested but the thing doesn't have the tube and still cost this much on ebay? I rather buy a $200 device that has the tube, and outputs 5V pulses for counting. Much easier and off the shelf. Just check vernier.com

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

bHogan

Just FWIW, here is a solar powered wireless radiation monitor with build information.
"Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, understanding is not wisdom."
~ Clifford Stoll

owai

I would have continuous monitoring of radiation level outdoors.
There is such item which allows connection of a tube:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arduino-IDE-compatible-Geiger-counter-dosimeter-circuit-w-LCD-shield-/181038202229?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item2a26b7bd75

But I think there is sufficient overhead it complexity and cost. If we connect to Arduino the scheme can be much simpler:
there will be enough DC-DC up-step voltage converter to supply tube, one indicating led and the tube discharge current detector.
I asked one of ebay's seller if the chinese folks can make and sell more simple and low cost shield than above one.
He ask me how many items do I need? I need one item but think I am not the only who need one. So I decided to ask others.
Hello,

Did you finish your project? I'm begginning a geiger counter too, but i think i'll buy a shield...

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy