Go Down

Topic: Bridge connection swapping Ethernet Shield IP with host computer's (Read 480 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi all,
I'm trying to bridge my wi-fi network to the Arduino Ethernet Shield through my Win 8 laptop.

On my previous (R.I.P.) laptop with the same configuration I had 192.168.1.12 assigned on my router to the wireless adapter MAC address and 192.168.1.8 set to Arduino's MAC address (which I set on the sketch). I had bridged the wi-fi to the ethernet adapters on Win Control Panel and it used to work just fine.

I have the same setup for the new laptop, with 192.168.1.11 assigned to its wireless adapter. Ethernet Shield's still the same. I bridged the connection again on Win 8, but when I scan my network (through an iPhone app) the IPs are reversed: .8 is assigned to the notebook and .11 is assigned to Arduino (though it reads "MAC unknown").

Moreover I can't access the webserver (I'm running the example sketch with only the MAC and IP altered), but what's puzzling me the most is the reversal of IPs.

Did that ring a bell to anyone? Is more info needed?

Thanks,

Sam

veenooms

Hi!

I'm doing a similar project as you. I have an arduino mega connected to the adruino ethernet shield and then connected to my laptop's ethernet port. My laptop is connected to wifi and I have created a bridge connection from the wifi to the ethernet port. The problem is that I can't connect to the server ip address that I have created in the arudino code. Do you have any clue on what the issue might be???

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy