Go Down

Topic: Voltage buzzer warning system  (Read 365 times) previous topic - next topic

Domino60

Apr 04, 2016, 09:24 pm Last Edit: Apr 04, 2016, 09:26 pm by Domino60
I see I confused you a bit, I don't know get the VCC that's why I didn't posted anything about resistor
value and posted the formula to calculate the resistor.

The VCC at this point will not be from the pins of the LiPo Alarm but will be from the vias of the Buzzer,
as you and others observed the LiPo alarm got 2 buzzers while the voltage of the LiPo battery get's lower than it should be the Buzzers turn ON. My idea was to unsolder one buzzer and use the VCC/Chip pin + voltage (not sure how it's exactly connected there) and ground to act as the Vout VCC/GND to power up the IR Tx Led and use the RX IR led to receive the signal / light from the TX led and get a message on my arduino.

So let me recap:
I get the "LiPo Battery low voltage Alarm"
Unsolder one of the two buzzers and use the buzzer vias/PCB holes as VCC/GND
Measure the voltage with a voltage meter while the buzzer are ON
Calculate the resistance with the formula I wrote for the IR TX Led

While the Buzzer are ON the IR TX Led will light up and the RX led will receive the signal
I write a small code to read thru Analog pin and type a message or do a action/task inside the arduino.

To be or not to be? Read a book and you will see.

raschemmel

Apr 04, 2016, 11:10 pm Last Edit: Apr 05, 2016, 03:42 am by raschemmel
FYI, the schematic looks good, although I would change the name of the output to the arduino to something more standard like "Digital Out" (I don't know what "Ap" is supposed to mean. It can't be "Analog Pin" if it is a digital output.  
I'm pretty sure the Rx opto output would be a digital level signal and you wouldn't need to do an analogRead. This is based on the simple fact that the pullup resistor is connected to to 5V.
I don't remember how you had it connected but it should have been a pullup from the collector of the photo transistor to +5V, with the transistor emitter connected to GND.
This results in a HIGH with NO signal and a LOW WITH and input signal. (light from led turns on phototransistor which pulls collector to GND.)

Measure the voltage with a meter and post the value. Also post the buzzer out voltage.

You should repost the corrected schematic for the circuit (that you removed)
Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

Domino60

I'm pretty sure the Rx opto output would be a digital level signal and you wouldn't need to do an analogRead. This is based on the simple fact that the pullup resistor is connected to to 5V.
That's another trick :D Yes "Ap" I mark on my note like  that the "Analog Pins" or Dp "Digital Pins", I tested it 1st with Analog pin because I wanted to see what values do I get, like a potentiometer, at the beginning I get
the value 33 if you saw the video I posted in the prev. comments, if I had that on digital pin that would be HIGH without even lighting up the TX led.

Well another problem was that I'm out of Digital pins and the only free are 4x analog pins, so in that case I would use the analog to read if it's high or low, as I tested it should be 33 low and over 700 high.

I will repost hand schematic when I'll get more info and few voltages ..etc and pictures of real components.
To be or not to be? Read a book and you will see.

raschemmel

Apr 05, 2016, 06:13 pm Last Edit: Apr 05, 2016, 08:38 pm by raschemmel
That's another trick :D Yes "Ap" I mark on my note like  that the "Analog Pins" or Dp "Digital Pins", I tested it 1st with Analog pin because I wanted to see what values do I get, like a potentiometer, at the beginning I get
the value 33 if you saw the video I posted in the prev. comments, if I had that on digital pin that would be HIGH without even lighting up the TX led.  
I have no idea what you are using for an input to the opto circuit but if you are talking about
the buzzer voltage then you need to say so. If not then you need to state what you are doing. The above statement by itself makes no sense.

If you are talking about the buzzer output you need to post the voltages for both states.
(normal state/alarm state)
Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy