Go Down

Topic: Interfacing Arduino with Windows RT Tablet (Read 5890 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello everybody !

I have developped an application around arduino mega board that involves communication serial port through the USB port of the board.
Runs fine on Windows 7.
I purchased Windows RT Surface tablet from Microsoft.
What's the way to get the USB port seen as a serial port on the tablet ?
Is there any driver ?

Thanks a lot !

Those Windows RT tablets are really limited in a lot of respects when it comes to software.
There may be a way, but it may require drivers to be written and compiled using the Windows RT development kit.

Jan 04, 2013, 06:28 pm Last Edit: Jan 04, 2013, 06:34 pm by eried Reason: 1
Making Arduino work in an RT tablet looks like a very fun challenge, but I will never waste that money in that version of Windows :P

So... maybe you can research building a C# app for modern UI, I am not sure if the serial port is exposed.
My website: http://ried.cl

I'm currently working on a way to interface an Arduino with winRT more for making it a windows store app aimed at all windows more than just RT tho. Though it is a great idea in principle, but with a major draw back, windows RT (AKA metro) style apps cant access the USB port for serial port communication. So instead a work around has to be found, i'm currently working on getting the program to talk over an ethernet shield thts interfaced with the serial connector. If i ever get this to work ill post the code up hear for someone a bit more experienced to polish up.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131