Go Down

Topic: Which digital pins to interface to LCDs, RFID, etc? Arbitrary? Aside from PWM) (Read 32 times) previous topic - next topic

Hey community,

I see in diagrams for the LCD and RFID reader that I'd like to use, that they both use digital pins 9-13. Aside from performing PWM, is it okay if I just reassign which pins will be used so I can fit them to the same Uno board?

Thanks for any input.

Are they both using the hardware SPI? Then both need to connect to 11-12-13, and different pins can be used for 9-10. Like 5-6 if PWM is needed. 
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

It depends on why they chose 9 - 13.  Certain pins do certain other functions.  If it uses SPI for instance then it must stay on 10 - 13, but multiple SPI devices can share 11, 12, and 13.  If it doesn't and it simply uses those pins as digital outputs, then it can likely swap to any pins.  
Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo.  So little time - so much to know!  ~Jeremy Hillary Boob Ph.D

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131