Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Xbee module max power.  (Read 278 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

hi,

I have this arduino xbee shield, with arduino mega and a xbee module that consume 500mA at full power. The arduino mega is powered by battery with can provide more than 2000mA.

I think that as arduino 3v3 pin only can provide 50mA, the power of my xbee modele is limited to 50mA instead of 500mA.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 04:18:45 pm by dgdeivid » Logged

Belgium
View Profile

I see a regulator on that shield, that's probably a 3V3 regulator to power the Xbee... Look up the datasheet to see how much current it can give.

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

I think that as arduino 3v3 pin only can provide 50mA, the power of my xbee modele is limited to 50mA instead of 500mA.

Ummm, no. If the XBee needs 500mA then it needs to be powered by a supply that can provide at least that much current. If the Arduino 3v3 pin is limited to 50mA (you should verify as Bajdi indicated), do not attempt to power the XBee from it!

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: