Go Down

Topic: My 3x3x3 and 5x5x5 LED cube (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic

WonderTiger

Feb 04, 2013, 10:12 pm Last Edit: Feb 04, 2013, 10:14 pm by WonderTiger Reason: 1
I have a question about the current draw from the arduino 5v pin. Is it true that i can pull around 450mA from that pin(Usb powered, arduino uno itself use around 50mA or something close to that, so that leaves me 450mA IF all the digital pins are turned low).

Thanks in advance :)!

fungus

I have a question about the current draw from the arduino 5v pin. Is it true that i can pull around 450mA from that pin(Usb powered, arduino uno itself use around 50mA or something close to that, so that leaves me 450mA IF all the digital pins are turned low).

Thanks in advance :)!

On USB power, yes. You can do about 20 LEDs at 20mA, powered from the 5V pin (not from Arduino I/O pins).

For more than that you need another 5V power supply.
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

WonderTiger

Ok thanks:D! I only will use around 325 mA at the most so arduino will provide enough when connected to USB, thanks again!

WonderTiger

So after 3 days I finished my 5x5x5 LED cube. Now everything is working fine, however if I multiplex more then three layers my LEDs goes less bright then when I'm only multiplexing 3 layers. It's not a big deal but if someone has an explanation for it it would be great!

pics comming soon!

Hippynerd

How has this been going? do you have pix or video yet?

I dont understand your statement about how its going not so bright, or why that might be happening.

Go Up