Go Down

Topic: PID SOS (Read 528 times) previous topic - next topic

Casey Gross

Hello, I've been working on making my rc plane self-stabilize in mid air using its ailerons. I have a gyro and accelerometer taking readings and outputting a kalman filtered reading from 0 to 359 degrees. What i have done is set my Output limits(Servo limits) to (1000, 2000). In the PID library example it looks like the Input value is an analog vaule from 0, 1023. So, I mapped my filtered angle from (0, 359) to (0, 1023) and made it equal the Input. I made the Setpoint variable equal to 762(~270 degrees) and mapped it as so:
Code: [Select]
AileServo = map(Output, 0, 1024, 1100, 1900);

When I upload the code, the aileron goes in the up position and wont budge, even when I move the plane from side to side. I know im doing something very wrong here. Any help is appreciated.

Casey Gross

anybody? Please, any information will help.

Coding Badly

I have a gyro and accelerometer taking readings and outputting a kalman filtered reading from 0 to 359 degrees.

Does that part work?

"Self-stabilize" is what angle?  Zero degrees?

In the PID library example it looks like the Input value is an analog vaule from 0, 1023. So, I mapped my filtered angle from (0, 359) to (0, 1023) and made it equal the Input. I made the Setpoint variable equal to 762(~270 degrees) and mapped it as so:
Code: [Select]
AileServo = map(Output, 0, 1024, 1100, 1900);

Stop doing all that scaling.  It's unnecessary.  As long as the Input and Setpoint are in the same units you are fine.

PeterH

I know im doing something very wrong here. Any help is appreciated.

There is probably a mistake in your code - which we can't see.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy