Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Project iCamper  (Read 8799 times)
Earth
Webmaster
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

getting crowded on that breadboard so time to find a box. i had an extra one of these from my solar panel kit and gutted it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 09:50:44 am by TrailerTrash » Logged

Webmaster living off grid in a camper with 300watts of solar panels charging 9 absorbed glass mat 12V batteries. i own about 40 dot coms. i

Earth
Webmaster
View Profile

i stuffed everything into the box and it works but eats allot of juice.

Webmaster living off grid in a camper with 300watts of solar panels charging 9 absorbed glass mat 12V batteries. i own about 40 dot coms. i

Tasmania - Australia
View Profile

TrailerTrash wrote:
it works but eats allot of juice.

Good that you have made progress, though in my initial response I hinted at this, in part;
One thing that I have concerns for is that all this electronics will consume some amount of electrical power which may or may not be significant for your setup. Have you done the calculations in regard to what your capacity is in terms of what you get in with 255 Watts of solar panel and what you will use for all your existing electrical loads, such as lights, radio or laptop?

Under unfavourable conditions when you have low solar gain, will you have enough battery capacity to operate all these modules?
_____
Paul

Earth
Webmaster
View Profile

TrailerTrash wrote:

Good that you have made progress, though in my initial response I hinted at this, in part;
One thing that I have concerns for is that all this electronics will consume some amount of electrical power which may or may not be significant for your setup. Have you done the calculations in regard to what your capacity is in terms of what you get in with 255 Watts of solar panel and what you will use for all your existing electrical loads, such as lights, radio or laptop?

Under unfavourable conditions when you have low solar gain, will you have enough battery capacity to operate all these modules?
_____
Paul

i am going to add battery backup power for the winter. 3 rechargeable 9volt batteries. i was going to use a switch on the panel to switch them on but then i remembered "automation". i will write a code to switch to battery mode by itself.

i also replaced the red/blue leds with red ones and code them to blink every 10seconds to save power.

Sydney, Australia
View Profile

TrailerTrash wrote:

I dunno if that will give you much power - 3 x 9v - most of the time these are around the 500ma rating.

If you wanted to go down that path i would be doing some AA (best price performance) or some of the more exotic Lithium chemistry batteries - have you worked out the current draw yet ?

Craig
_____
Paul

i am going to add battery backup power for the winter. 3 rechargeable 9volt batteries. i was going to use a switch on the panel to switch them on but then i remembered "automation". i will write a code to switch to battery mode by itself.

i also replaced the red/blue leds with red ones and code them to blink every 10seconds to save power.

View Profile

Hello all,

I developed a device that allow to control the Truma Combi by IR Remote Control and SMS

that's my web site:

e-domotics.blogspot.it/2013/07/dispositivo-mrc.html

Here are the main features of the MRC device:

1)complete control of Truma Combi by IR remote Control

2)complete control of Truma Combi by SMS

3)notification of the fault status of the Combi by SMS

4)remote inquiry of the state of the TRUMA

5)notification of the opening of the valve ELASI by SMS

6)SMS notification of 220V drop power supply

7)control a Relay by SMS

8)remote inquiry of the state of the relay by SMS

9)SMS notification of alarm camper theft or intrusion