Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can Someone Help me with the Program'???  (Read 874 times)
Philippines
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Good day!! We are having a problem in our Thesis project because we don't have any programming background. We are currently having a thesis project entitled "WEB-Based Lighting Control". We used Arduino Uno and its Ethernet Shield, and relays as triggering device... We somehow got our idea from (http://www.hobbyist.co.nz/?q=web-switch-tutorial). Thanks to Him.. We no longer used the sensor shield because we used light bulbs only rather than any devices.. The problem is we used 5 light bulbs as an output. In his project he used only the Kettle.. The 5 light bulbs will be turned on and off by the use of relay just like in http://www.hobbyist.co.nz/?q=web-switch-tutorial... There should be 5 different command buttons in the web (in his project there is only 1 for the kettle to turn on and off)... Could someone help us in the code'? We really cannot proceed because of this code... Though he p[resented his code their but still I cannot understand it.. I highly appreciated any help and ideas coming from you Guys.. Thank You Very Much and Godbless....

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

Sounds similar to:

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,112528

Philippines
View Profile

yes actually that was my 1st post before.... smiley I just need to modify that code to make 5 buttons in the web server,,, but I don't know how.... Really don't have any background in Programming... smiley

Johannesburg. UTC+2
Faraday Member
View Profile

Really don't have any background in Programming... smiley

So what made you pick a thesis in a topic you know nothing about. Will you be graduating in that?

The Elders of the Internet know who I am
I'm on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimbrownza

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

Here's the important bit of the code that needs to be expanded:
Code:
       if (cmd==2 || cmd==5){
                on_off=1;
                digitalWrite(RELAY_PIN, HIGH);  // switch on LED
                Serial.println("Turning LED ON");
        }
        else if (cmd==3 || cmd==4 ){
                on_off=0;
         digitalWrite(RELAY_PIN, LOW);  // switch off LED
                Serial.println("Turning LED OFF");
        }
Define your control codes, make "on_off" an array, and make an array of the same size for the relay pins.
Don't forget to initialise all the relay pins to be outputs.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

So, not only are you plagiarising somebody else's work, but you can't even understand it? What makes you think you deserve any academic credit for it?

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

To be fair to the OP, the thesis may have nothing to do with programming.

For example, you might be doing a thesis on the migration habits of salmon, but not know much about how to repair a boat engine.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

For example, you might be doing a thesis on the migration habits of salmon, but not know much about how to repair a boat engine.
But, you would not be demonstrating your ability to repair a boat engine as part of the thesis. This thesis topic does indicate that programming will be a rather important part of the project.

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

To be fair to the OP, the thesis may have nothing to do with programming.

Given that the title is "WEB-Based Lighting Control" it seems pretty clear to me that the solution being presented will consist of a significant software component as well as hardware. And, given that the original concept, hardware design and software were taken directly from somebody else's project I don't see how this could be viewed as anything other than plagiarism. To add insult to injury the poster doesn't seem capable of even following the code being plagiarised, let alone have any right to present it as their own work.

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Johannesburg. UTC+2
Faraday Member
View Profile

If I was a marine biologist I think I'd make sure I had a boat lackey....

If on the other hand I was a marine engineer designing a new range of engines (like the current lines of 4-stroke outboards) then I would like to think I could do that myself.

The Elders of the Internet know who I am
I'm on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimbrownza

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

Thanks to Him..

Perhaps they need to seek help from a different quarter?

Philippines
View Profile

Yeah'..,, Thanks "AWOL",, it really needs to be expanded.. Thanks to that code...

Sorry, but its not plagiarism because we won't copy the whole project of Him..,, We will be modifying it.. We will do our best to work with the code.. In our paper, we will give acknowledgement to the owner of that site or project,,,..

But, thanks for your replies,,, I acknowledged it smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: