Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Simon Game programming  (Read 796 times)
Temple, Texas
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

slightly over 3s ? not less than 3s ?

Yes.

View Profile

Mean the player has more than 3s before they fail ? LOL I thought less than 3s before they fail !

Temple, Texas
View Profile

It could be under 3s depending on the accuracy of your particular Arduino crystal or resonator.  Why don't you devise a way to measure it against an atomic clock reference standard and get back to us with the results.

View Profile

I will record a video later on. smiley-grin

View Profile

It could be under 3s depending on the accuracy of your particular Arduino crystal or resonator.  Why don't you devise a way to measure it against an atomic clock reference standard and get back to us with the results.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huz-WocDfrY

This is the video. You can observe that the timeout is quite fast sometimes..LOL

Temple, Texas
View Profile

Ok, the speeed of the output goes faster. However, based on the full coding, does it means that the time I need to respond also getting faster ? Cause I seems to feel it when playing it ><
I don't think so, because RESPONSETIME is a defined constant and doesn't get changed.

Ok.  Nice video smiley

Since counter is never reset (other than when you fail and start over), it means you have a total of (slightly over smiley ) 3 seconds of "decision time" through the whole game (the variable "counter" represents accumulated player response time through the entire "game").  

So it's not that you need to speed up your input as the game goes on, rather it means that your input needs to be as fast as possible the whole time!

Have you tried increasing RESPONSETIME to a more reasonable value (say, 10000)?

Cheers,
John

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:44:58 am by johncc » Logged

Temple, Texas
View Profile

You would be able to see this happening if you put a print statement in the output function as below and then watch on your Serial Monitor

Code:

Serial.println("");
   Serial.print("Turn: ");
   Serial.println(turn);

Serial.print("Response time millisecond total: ");  // add these two
   Serial.println(counter);

View Profile

Ok, the speeed of the output goes faster. However, based on the full coding, does it means that the time I need to respond also getting faster ? Cause I seems to feel it when playing it ><
I don't think so, because RESPONSETIME is a defined constant and doesn't get changed.

Ok.  Nice video smiley

Since counter is never reset (other than when you fail and start over), it means you have a total of (slightly over smiley ) 3 seconds of "decision time" through the whole game (the variable "counter" represents accumulated player response time through the entire "game").  

So it's not that you need to speed up your input as the game goes on, rather it means that your input needs to be as fast as possible the whole time!

Have you tried increasing RESPONSETIME to a more reasonable value (say, 10000)?

Cheers,
John

Okay, I think I get you ! TOTAL ACCUMULATED of delay time before the user input throughout the game which will cause sometimes the game to be game over very fast ?  Is it correct ?

Thanks.

Vincent

Temple, Texas
View Profile

Okay, I think I get you ! TOTAL ACCUMULATED of delay time before the user input throughout the game which will cause sometimes the game to be game over very fast ?  Is it correct ?

Thanks.
Vincent

Yeah, that's the way I am reading it smiley

Did you build that from a kit or what?

John

View Profile

yes, a kit.

Link : http://makeprojects.com/Project/Repeat-After-Me-A-Mintronics-Memory-Game/1933/1

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: