Go Down

Topic: using arduino to recognise gestures (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

To me, this project isn't about gestures.... to me a gesture implies movement and perhaps that's where the accelerometer would come in. This project is more about poses,

Exactly.  ]:)
Thinking the project was actually about gestures is what prompted me to write the earlier replies. A crap question always generates a crap reply.

It seem that the project as now framed is much more doable.

You haven't mentioned what the purpose of the accelerometer is?

I suspect just to show if the finger is pointing up or down.
That is possible but requires a bit of skill mounting small surface mounting packages on fabric. Then trying to address all five accelerometer without a ton of wiring is tricky. Most accelerometers are I2C devices but with not that many addresses. The analogue output accelerometers have a small output prone to noise pickup.

JimboZA

A crap question always generates a crap reply.

Or at least a Grumpy one.....
Roy from ITCrowd: Have you tried turning it off an on again?
I'm on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimbrownza

Grumpy_Mike

A crap question always generates a crap reply.

Or at least a Grumpy one.....

Yes indeed.  ;)

Boffin1

looking at the diagrams posted, you could start off a crude prototype with a glove with 5 microswitches at the base of each digit ( digit bent or straight ) and a contact at the end of the thumb and the tips of the fingers  for 6, 7, 8 ,and 9 .

You could use  10 " if"  statements  ( I am talking crude here )  the contacts would override the microswitch combinations  ?.

Lots of work to do, but it could be a start.

With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Go Up