Go Down

Topic: Stopped working!!! (Read 144 times) previous topic - next topic

Arduino Uno R3. Mac OSx 10.12.6 Sierra

I installed 1.8.3 and plugged in the Genuine board purchased from the Arduino site. After a struggle it identified the port . I selected several example Sketchs. Everything worked correctly. Then I installed a CNC shield and tried to activate a stepper motor. Everything stopped working. I thought I had damaged the processor so I order a "package" containing a clone board, another CNC shield and more stepper drivers. When it arrived I opened the Arduino and plugged in the new Uno board without the shield installed. Nothing happened.  I reinstalled the Arduino software still nothing. So I purchased a used Genuine Uno that was advertised as working. Same result.
The vendor indicated the Uno worked better on an earlier version of the Arduino software so I deleted 1.8.3 and installed 1.8.2
Still no change.
The main error is "programmer not responding". I have tried different board configurations, changing the USB port and moving everything to my Mac Mini.
I have copied the error code to the Arduino site several times and cannot find a fix that works.

Delta_G

I have copied the error code to the Arduino site several times and cannot find a fix that works.
But you didn't think we would need it?  Why didn't you copy it here, the one place it might do you some good? 
If at first you don't succeed, up - home - sudo - enter.

OK here you are:
I uninstalled 1.8.3 and installed 1.6.0 in an attempt to get things running. Same error message.
Tools:
Board setting : Arduino Uno
Port:/dev/tty.usbmodemFD131.I have also tried, /dev/tty.usbmodemFA141,/dev/cu.usbmodemFA141,and /dev/cu.usbmodemFD131. I only have two USB ports on my MacBook Pro so these seem to be my only options. Current programer AVRISP mk II. I hav also tried AVR ISP.

All three (two official and one clone) boards are Uno with ATMEGA328-PU processor for the official boards and ATMEGA328PAU for the clone.

I copied the error code to the Arduino troubleshooting help site and various other sites I found on line.
any help will be appreciated.I found the error message on several sites but no solutions. Evidently support for OSx is limited.

Arduino: 1.6.0 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Uno"

Sketch uses 1,030 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
 "Show verbose output during compilation"
 enabled in File > Preferences.

Go Up