Go Down

Topic: Stopped working!!! (Read 299 times) previous topic - next topic

Arduino Uno R3. Mac OSx 10.12.6 Sierra

I installed 1.8.3 and plugged in the Genuine board purchased from the Arduino site. After a struggle it identified the port . I selected several example Sketchs. Everything worked correctly. Then I installed a CNC shield and tried to activate a stepper motor. Everything stopped working. I thought I had damaged the processor so I order a "package" containing a clone board, another CNC shield and more stepper drivers. When it arrived I opened the Arduino and plugged in the new Uno board without the shield installed. Nothing happened.  I reinstalled the Arduino software still nothing. So I purchased a used Genuine Uno that was advertised as working. Same result.
The vendor indicated the Uno worked better on an earlier version of the Arduino software so I deleted 1.8.3 and installed 1.8.2
Still no change.
The main error is "programmer not responding". I have tried different board configurations, changing the USB port and moving everything to my Mac Mini.
I have copied the error code to the Arduino site several times and cannot find a fix that works.

Delta_G

I have copied the error code to the Arduino site several times and cannot find a fix that works.
But you didn't think we would need it?  Why didn't you copy it here, the one place it might do you some good? 
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

OK here you are:
I uninstalled 1.8.3 and installed 1.6.0 in an attempt to get things running. Same error message.
Tools:
Board setting : Arduino Uno
Port:/dev/tty.usbmodemFD131.I have also tried, /dev/tty.usbmodemFA141,/dev/cu.usbmodemFA141,and /dev/cu.usbmodemFD131. I only have two USB ports on my MacBook Pro so these seem to be my only options. Current programer AVRISP mk II. I hav also tried AVR ISP.

All three (two official and one clone) boards are Uno with ATMEGA328-PU processor for the official boards and ATMEGA328PAU for the clone.

I copied the error code to the Arduino troubleshooting help site and various other sites I found on line.
any help will be appreciated.I found the error message on several sites but no solutions. Evidently support for OSx is limited.

Arduino: 1.6.0 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Uno"

Sketch uses 1,030 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
 "Show verbose output during compilation"
 enabled in File > Preferences.

Go Up