Go Down

Topic: eeprom_update_block missing eeprom.h (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

It appears that the C++ instruction eeprom_update_block  is missing.  Does anybody have a work a round for this missing instruction

Those "update" functions came out in version 1.7.0 of avr-libc.  Arduino is using an older avr-libc (v1.6.4).

eeprom_update_block  just checks if the data is different before writing, whereas eeprom_write_block just writes.

It is fairly straight forward enough to implement.

Thanks for your input guys.  I am really at sea here.  Help with a few lines of code to replace eeprom_update_block would be really handy.  I do not know if this is a big problem or not.

I already gave you the information you needed, did you investigate anything?
Look at the documentation, that what it is there for. If you don't understand: www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

Along with the 1,000,000 other pages with information on it. You will find what you need in 5 minutes if you tried.

Use the function eeprom_read_byte, it is easier than blocks, change when you are comfortable with c++.

Code: [Select]
char arr[] = { 1,2,3,4,5 };

for( int i = 0 ; i < 5 ; ++i ){

if( eeprom_read_byte( ( uint8_t* ) i ) != arr[ i ] ){
    eeprom_write_byte( ( uint8_t* ) i, arr[ i ] );

If you want a function, create one, pass an index, read its data, if different write it to eeprom. Simple.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131