Go Down

Topic: Assistance with electricity. Safety first. (Read 927 times) previous topic - next topic

oric_dan

I'm especially sensitive to issues of "burning down the house", and g-jobs designed
by dummies. In the condo I live in, the previous owner installed everything himself
[this is obvious from the mistakes I found] in addition to painting the place, etc.

One day I smelled smoke and discovered one of the wall sockets was melting. Turns
out, the microwave was daisy-chained off this socket, and the screws were loose,
and apparently arc'ed over and started a fire.

jerseyguy1996


In the condo I live in, the previous owner installed everything himself
[this is obvious from the mistakes I found] in addition to painting the place, etc.




Sounds like the previous owner of the house I bought.  I finally broke down and re-wired the entire house, outlet boxes, fixtures, wires, and all....bringing everything up to or exceeding code requirements.
Arduino Uno;
Mega328

Go Up