Go Down

Topic: tinyFAT - UTFT_linyFAT libraries (Read 834 times) previous topic - next topic

SteveHi

Hi All,

I am having difficulties getting my SD card reader to work. I am not sure if the libraries are being recognized. The tinyFAT & UTFT_tinyFAT libraries are installed in the Library folder with all the others, and the example sketches compile just fine.

The reason why I am questioning if they are being recognized is because the name of the library does not highlight in orange when being defined. They remain black after the #include<>.

Take it easy on me if this is a dumb question I'm still pretty new to all of this.

Thanks for any direction!

ralphnev

if its being compiled - it is recognized
otherwise you would have a zillion compiler errors ...

have you shut down & reloaded recently ? that sometimes clears the syntax highlighting (the coloured bits ...)

SteveHi

Thanks for the reply!

I have come to find out, or at least believe, it is a hardware issue. It seems the shield with the card reader has a bug, and the pins on the shield do not match up with the pins on the mega.

The fix is to pull a couple of resistors, and cross the wiring.

I just want to make sure this is not a software issue before I try this.

Docedison

Use 10K resistors, not jumpers. The Arduino is a 5 V device and the SD card 3V3, the resistors serve as an interface of sorts because they limit the current that can flow to safe levels.

Bob
--> WA7EMS <--
"The solution of every problem is another problem." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

ghlawrence2000

Jan 25, 2013, 01:49 am Last Edit: Jan 25, 2013, 03:34 pm by ghlawrence2000 Reason: 1

Thanks for the reply!

I have come to find out, or at least believe, it is a hardware issue. It seems the shield with the card reader has a bug, and the pins on the shield do not match up with the pins on the mega.

The fix is to pull a couple of resistors, and cross the wiring.

I just want to make sure this is not a software issue before I try this.

Hold your horses!!!!

Follow this thread before you grab your iron!!!

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,138124.0.html

Regards,

Graham

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy