Go Down

Topic: External power supply not working (Leonardo) (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

elicat

So finally, I found a "solution" for my problems.

As a power adapter I can use a Yamaha PA-130A adapter. It's quite expensive, but at least it works. All other adapters I've tried fail.
For the battery-powered solution I tried 6 * 1.5V Mignon AA batteries (adds to 9V) and that works perfectly for me - using one 9V block battery doesn't work.

So, thank you for your help!

bogdypadu

Try to buy alkaline batteries, because a regular battery doesn't do the work (you can read the specs on the pack before you buy it). When I heard of alkaline many years ago I thought there is some maraketing thing, but I tested my xBox controler with normal batteries and it doesn't starts at all.

Regarding the DC power adapters, please be very carefull and before you use it try to measure with a multimeter if it's not a regulated voltage power supply (usually those adapters are very big, not like the ones that you use to charge your phone). I had a problem with a 12V adapter that burned one of my Arduino boards because the voltage was variable and sometimes recorded even 17-18V.

I recomend to use a 9V power supply and that way you don't risk to destroy your board. I don't think that you need 12V for your projects for the moment.

Go Up