Go Down

Topic: UNO rev3 no hardware detected (Read 420 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello , i have a problem when i connect the uno to the computer there is no new hardware recognized
earlier i accidentlly shorted the ground and 5v pin but i know there is a fuse that disconnects the card until the shortage/load is cleared
and this is what happend as i heard the windows usb disconnect then reconnect sound
later this i tried uploading a sketch but i found no com port i tried disconnecting reconnecting but nothing happens no hardware found
i tried on another computer but the same ? the atmega16u2 is fried ? or there is still hope , any suggestions solutions please share ?
Thanks
Abdo

i have another arduino Uno i uploaded arduinoISP sketch connected atmega16u2 ICSP header to the programmer used WinAvr and i write the firmware using this command
Code: [Select]
avrdude -p m16u2 -F -P COM12 -c avrisp -U flash:w:Arduino-usbserial-atmega16u2-Uno-Rev3.hex -U lfuse:w:0xFF:m -U hfuse:w:0xD9:m -U efuse:w:0xF4:m -U lock:w:0x0F:m -b 19200

and everything went smooth the new firmware was written , now i tried to connect the uno again but nothing happens no hardware detected
obviously the atmega16u2 chip is not fried there is still hope ....
if anyone could help me i suspect one of the components needs to be replaced a capacitor a transistor etc ....
any tips or advice will be much appreciated
thank you all
Abdo

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy