Go Down

Topic: Decoding 433.92mhz remote (Read 237 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi guys, loving the look of this forum and look forward to using it. If anybody can help me with a current project I am working on that would be great.

I have an "Owl wireless power strip" which can turn on outlets wirelessly using a 433.92mhz remote control.
I am trying to decode the signals that are sent from the remote so I can replicate the bitstream from an arduino and thus control the device via a webpage for example.

I tried using rtl_433 in linux to try and automatically decode it for me but nothing appeared when I pressed buttons on the remote. Is the remote perhaps on a different modulation type than my 433 recevier?
Hooking up a 433 receiver to a breadboard and checking the serial monitor for any output also never displayed any data.

I recorded the transmission of "button 4" using SDR# and audacity. Can anybody decode this waveform or at least shed some light on a possible route for me to take? I am finding it difficult to work out which modulation it is using and what the actual datastream is... ( new to radio stuff - and arduino! )

Thanks guys!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy