Go Down

Topic: problem uploding/ problem with seril monitor/ problem with COM3  (Read 44 times) previous topic - next topic

I am trying to get a motor to spin in both directions for 4 seconds each at 200 RPM's, repeat back and forth for 45 minutes, I made some but very little progress two days ago, I got the motor to spin by copying and pasting someone elses code and through trial and error, in Serial monitor; found under tools, I got a motor to spin forwards and backwards, today I tried again, I tried to upload/write my own code based off of the code I copied and pasted, it didn't work, nor did I expect it to work, I was just trying to learn through trial and error, but I have an issue now, when I went back to the original code that I had copied and pasted which had worked before, it no longer works, when I plugged in numbers in the serial monitor, nothing registered after I hit send, nothing popped up, nothing was written, just blank white page, no motor movement as well. Once I "X" out of serial monitor and tried to re open it, it wont let me re access the serial monitor (under tools) it wont let me open it up now, when I try to re open it it says "board at COM3 is not available", I tried re uploading the code, and it says " problem uploading to board" I also tried writing this code and uploading - to try and reset/restart the arduino

void setup()

void loop()

it says "problem uploading to board"
I copied and pasted some error messages below---any help or advice on what went wrong and how to fix it?

Arduino: 1.6.6 Hourly Build 2015/10/06 10:54 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 6,160 bytes (19%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 423 bytes (20%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,625 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM3": The system cannot find the file specified.

Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.
Board at COM3 is not available
Board at COM3 is not available

This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.

Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131