Go Down

Topic: problem uploding/ problem with seril monitor/ problem with COM3  (Read 153 times) previous topic - next topic

anthonyporco

I am trying to get a motor to spin in both directions for 4 seconds each at 200 RPM's, repeat back and forth for 45 minutes, I made some but very little progress two days ago, I got the motor to spin by copying and pasting someone elses code and through trial and error, in Serial monitor; found under tools, I got a motor to spin forwards and backwards, today I tried again, I tried to upload/write my own code based off of the code I copied and pasted, it didn't work, nor did I expect it to work, I was just trying to learn through trial and error, but I have an issue now, when I went back to the original code that I had copied and pasted which had worked before, it no longer works, when I plugged in numbers in the serial monitor, nothing registered after I hit send, nothing popped up, nothing was written, just blank white page, no motor movement as well. Once I "X" out of serial monitor and tried to re open it, it wont let me re access the serial monitor (under tools) it wont let me open it up now, when I try to re open it it says "board at COM3 is not available", I tried re uploading the code, and it says " problem uploading to board" I also tried writing this code and uploading - to try and reset/restart the arduino

void setup()
{
}

void loop()
{
}

it says "problem uploading to board"
I copied and pasted some error messages below---any help or advice on what went wrong and how to fix it?

Arduino: 1.6.6 Hourly Build 2015/10/06 10:54 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 6,160 bytes (19%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 423 bytes (20%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,625 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM3": The system cannot find the file specified.

Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.
Board at COM3 is not available
Board at COM3 is not available

This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.

UKHeliBob

Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

Go Up