Video Experimenter Shield Troubleshooting

Hey guys, I am new to the arduino environment and I am currently trying to do a simple computer vision project. I have recently bought the video experimenter shield from nootropicdesign and I am having trouble with the output. I was able to get my camera set up with the my arduino uno and the shield to display the video output on the tv screen. However, when I try running some basic examples the text/images from the code scroll continuously from right to left in a diagonal fashion. When this happens the initial camera video does not perform this behavior and seems fine. I configured the board such that the output select is switched to "overlay" and the sync select jumper is on "v input". Any comments will be much appreciated!

#include <TVout.h>
#include <fontALL.h>

TVout tv;

void setup()
{
   tv.begin(NTSC,128,96);
   tv.select_font(font4x6);
}

void loop()
{
   tv.draw_rect(50,50,20,20,1);
}

Are you in an NTSC (RS170) region?

Yes, I live in the United States.

OK, I've only just got my video experimenter, but it is at home at the moment, I'm in a PAL/CCIR region and don't have any RS170 video sources.
NTSC/RS170 lines are a tiny bit shorter, but nothing major.
I haven't had any problems with mine though.
I'll give it some thought, later...

What kind of TV are you using? Some LCD TVs can't cope with "marginal" NTSC signals (you see it occasionally with 80's home computers connected via RF or composite - some LCDs will be ok, others don't like it). Never Twice the Same Color is like that... :wink: