Go Down

Topic: Datalogging with Excel. (Read 791 times) previous topic - next topic

syphex

Hi I am recording the temperature every minute to an SD card and would like to view it on excel. I can make a graph just fine, but I am having trouble formatting the x-axis.

Actually for this trial I recorded the temperature every second, so I would have more points to try excel with in a short time.

I'm using a line graph to display trends over time but can't seem to change the x-axis format to not display the time in elapsed seconds. I right click on the axis/format axis/ change interval unit to 3600. This gives me better spacing but is still 3600... 7200... 10800 etc.

I tried to use the time format, hoping that [h]:ss would give me the elapsed time in hours from seconds. But ss has to be a value in a cell so that doesn't work. I tried to find a way to count the number of entries (and hence number of seconds) from a column but any information I've found is specific to some other problem or out dated. Is there anyone who can help?

Ideally I would like it to be displayed as time, since the logging file starts at the start of a new day, but I'd be happy if I could just somehow change the seconds to hours somehow for now. If someone could write me a format code that would be great.

syphex

Sep 05, 2013, 10:55 am Last Edit: Sep 05, 2013, 11:17 am by syphex Reason: 1
Well I figured it out mostly. This is what I had to do:

1.) Create a list of numbers in column A for seconds.
2.) New column with seconds/86400
3.) format previous column and x axis with time format.

I didnt know that excel used a decimal as number of hours/24 to represent the time.. could have made that clearer.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy