Just venting!

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,144786.0.html

k, ty

To me, seems a shame to see the language we use go this way. Is this the accepted form of English of out next generation? Perhaps I'm one of those old fellows that is resistant to change; parallel to one long ago who was appalled to see an abbreviated 'is not'. - Scotty

scottyjr:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,144786.0.html

k, ty

To me, seems a shame to see the language we use go this way. Is this the accepted form of English of out next generation? Perhaps I'm one of those old fellows that is resistant to change; parallel to one long ago who was appalled to see an abbreviated 'is not'. - Scotty

It really depends on the medium one is using to communicate with. In ham radio when using morse code they use so many abbreviations that one normally needs to tape a sheet of paper on their wall to keep track, QSL?. So it's not suprizing that cell phone texting has created it's own version of abbrevations to save key strokes and time.

However I agree that if one is at a keyboard posting on this forum that one shouldn't be using text speak if they can help it. But perhaps sometimes people are posting and responding from their phones and pads, hard to know these days?

Lefty

Don't you realize how busy people are? They don't have time to type entire words!

The last thing they want is people actually understanding what they are trying to ask.

[/sarcasm]

i c thx lol

I saw the word "and" abbreviated to "nd" the other.
If you're going to abbreviate, you may as well go the whole hog - '&'

(I don't like txt in posts - it has peculiar dialects which not all may comprehend, and makes searches harder. It's just lazy and rude)

AWOL:
I saw the word "and" abbreviated to "nd" the other.
If you're going to abbreviate, you may as well go the whole hog - '&'

(I don't like txt in posts - it has peculiar dialects which not all may comprehend, and makes searches harder. It's just lazy and rude)

I C u pnt :wink:

retrolefty:
I C u pnt :wink:

I think you meant:

i c yr pnt :slight_smile:

If we're going to talk wrong, we might as well talk wrong correctly.

i c yr pnt

sp. (In some circles) "I c ur pnt", which is why I object, because "ur" == "you are"

AWOL:

i c yr pnt

sp. (In some circles) "I c ur pnt", which is why I object, because "ur" == "you are"

your right! its ur.

:slight_smile:

your right

Dont get me started on misuse of apostrope's.

why not "I c ur ."