Go Down

Topic: Crash coarse on pointers and references (Read 986 times) previous topic - next topic

James C4S

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

HazardsMind

@Jimmy60
Sorry im just now getting back to my own post. Thanks Jimmy, that site is awesome.
Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

liudr

Get a book! You don't know pointers then you don't know much of C. Time to do C 101.
Schildt
http://www.herbschildt.com/

HazardsMind

You don't know pointers then you don't know much of C.
I didn't know anything about programming before college, to be honest, I wanted nothing to do with programming. Originally I thought I was just going for electrical engineering, but they told me I had to learn programming too. So whatever the professor taught is what I learned, and we did not cover pointers.
Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

liudr

You don't know pointers then you don't know much of C.
I didn't know anything about programming before college, to be honest, I wanted nothing to do with programming. Originally I thought I was just going for electrical engineering, but they told me I had to learn programming too. So whatever the professor taught is what I learned, and we did not cover pointers.

Every science and engineering major should learn a course in C. It's just that necessary. A considerable portion of ECE is computer engineering, developing firmwares with hardware and software knowledge. Most senior ECE projects/proposals I've seen so far have some programming elements. You probably took an intro to programming course but should have been better off with intro to C, which by goud, covers pointers. I recommend C from ground up (don't know if it's still in print or replaced by C++ from ground up).

Go Up