Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Who will buy the geiger counter shield?  (Read 2146 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I would have continuous monitoring of radiation level outdoors.
There is such item which allows connection of a tube:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arduino-IDE-compatible-Geiger-counter-dosimeter-circuit-w-LCD-shield-/181038202229?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item2a26b7bd75

But I think there is sufficient overhead it complexity and cost. If we connect to Arduino the scheme can be much simpler:
there will be enough DC-DC up-step voltage converter to supply tube, one indicating led and the tube discharge current detector.
I asked one of ebay's seller if the chinese folks can make and sell more simple and low cost shield than above one.
He ask me how many items do I need? I need one item but think I am not the only who need one. So I decided to ask others.

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

I might be interested but the thing doesn't have the tube and still cost this much on ebay? I rather buy a $200 device that has the tube, and outputs 5V pulses for counting. Much easier and off the shelf. Just check vernier.com

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I do not need one.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Denver
God Member
Inactive - PM
View Profile

Just FWIW, here is a solar powered wireless radiation monitor with build information.

"Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, understanding is not wisdom."
~ Clifford Stoll

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: